The owners of this 1930’s era workers cottage wanted as many modern design elements in their bathroom makeover as possible, but keeping with the heritage/traditional style of the house.
In older houses like Harrowby, unexpected renovation challenges are common. Often the various alterations and modifications made over the years leave us scratching our heads!
Another challenge we encountered in this house is the movement of the building over the years, causing uneven floors and walls. Common in homes of this age, building movement occurs due to a variety of reasons, most commonly land movement, foundation failure/decay. At Harrowby, the team carried out extensive wall straightening and other bathroom alterations before laying sheeting and tiles to achieve the beautiful finish you see in the photos.
Harrowby is a classic example of a modern bathroom makeover with a splendid nod to the heritage of the home.
See more heritage style bathrooms here
– 300X600 mid/dark grey floor tiles
– 100X300 white gloss subway tiles
– White Hamptons vanity with Carrara white marble; natural stone top – from Vanity by Design
– Recessed shaving cabinet
– Freestanding bath and spout
– Open plan walkthrough shower
– Dulux Berkshire White – as used throughout the house